v1.0 of the game has been released now. It appears to be bug free and runs smoothly enough. After several test runs and countless boss checks using various combos, it appears to be balanced enough across the board. All bosses in the game are defeatable with all combinations I tried (including the new secret boss!) and the Boss Rush is now possible to complete.
Download at Mediafire or from RMN.
On RMN I’ll be leaving a page for Bug Reports and another for class combinations for anyone interested in letting me know what they succeeded with; I’ve far from tried all possible combinations!
So, I’m fairly satisfied I cleared away all the bugs and other smaller things that needed polishing up (although items and weapons are still yet to be renamed). I imagine there’ll be a few things I missed, but pretty sure that if there are any, they’ll be smaller things (with any luck!). If anything like that gets found though, I can fix it and update the demo.
Anyhoo! The demo.
The demo covers the first island: Nuirmu. This includes three dungeons, fourteen bosses (all but one are optional) and multiple paths to reach the end of the Demo; any or all of which can be taken to get there.
Reaching the end of the demo gives an option to play about a bit by getting instant level ups, free materials and items etc as well as an option to randomly fight a boss. There’s also a “Boss Rush” option to fight multiple bosses all one after the other!
Hopefully it’ll be better balanced and more polished up than the Alpha Test (there are plenty of small things that have been changed!) but anything found or any ideas towards the project are welcomed; just get in touch.
So, after receiving a number of reviews thanks to RMNs August review drive for the NaGaDeMo event (of which Dungeon Crawler was a part of) and had expected feedback (after all, it was a game I made in a day, it’s really just what it says on the tin!) but there were some issues that shouldn’t have been in there, mini-project or otherwise.
I’ve gone over the game and given it a polish up in an effort to keep it a smooth, non-annoying playthrough (I accept that it’ll be less exciting than a heavily worked on game, but whether it’s fun or not, there should be no bugs or grievances).
These changes include:
- Removing lighting effects from floors with fireballs, to help reduce lag
- Going over the enemies stats and increasing the overall difficulty of the game
- Made the “cutscenes” on the final floor flow better and end quicker
- Balance-checking on the final floor, to make sure it is possible, but challenging and requiring high-end gear
- Fixed a problem with the Dog boss so that he’s not direction fixed and can attack from all sides now
- Changing the skeleton group on the final floor so that they chase you, instead of just mull around
- Fixing the bug with the boss which crashed the game before you could fight him
- Added lv2 Skills as well as the lv10 skills
- Added a new class – Mage, who has a lv1 skill as well as the other two
- Added “tutorial” textboxes that explain the three control buttons
Hopefully this will keep the game more exciting for now until as and when I work on it again. For the time being, there should be no bugs at least. (If there are any more bugs found, just let me know and I can fix them). Have…fun, I guess!